CLX Redundancy/Scantime/ControlNet

RSL said:
My problem lies in the redundant pair. I have 2 issues.

Scantime causing missed inputs on counters. Scantime is about 425-460ms
Controlnet unscheduled bandwidth insufficient to allow for expansion or online editing in a timely fashion.

I believe both of those things can be affected, positively or negatively, by adjusting the overhead time slice in the CPU.

Additionally, you said you were using for-next loops. If there is ANY way you can eliminate them, do it. They add decades of scan time to a program. If you're indexing through a data table, as you said, you can sometimes get away with accessing one or two data members per scan. Use an incrementing counter to take you through the table, and trigger a bit when you're done. I've done this little trick a number of times to create alarm logs, and other data tables for display.

AK