CMstick (codemeter container) not showing in bindings on factorytalk activation mngr

Bobobodopalus

Hi all
hoping someone here may have ran into what im having, tech support is not being particularly useful, had someone teamviewer in then go through the technotes give up then pass them on to me.

i have recently installed factorytalk view ME and studio5000 on my PC and have been using it ok, a few days ago we had CMstick (3-5728192) arrive so that i can transfer licenses between my pc and laptop.

however.. i cannot get the cmstick to show up in the bindings on factorytalk manager, i have gone through the technotes below multiple times, uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, restarted my pc etc to no avail.

[FONT=&quot]Activation procedure using USB Dongle and CodeMeter Stick [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Activation Dongle driver install/repair script
[/FONT]

on the codemeter software i can see the container and looks healthy and the same goes for the codemeter web admin.

https://imgur.com/a/n29dDR3

anyone got any ideas?
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

as some additional fault finding i have just followed the same steps on my laptop with the same result so maybe the issue is with the stick?