Rockwell CodeMeter Activation Not Valid

Paglia

I activated the Studio 5000 license with the CodeMeter on a virtual machine.
Unfortunately with the subscription license I was unable to create the *.LIC license file.

After a few months I restarted the virtual machine and the license was invalid.

Can anyone tell me what I could have done to deactivate the license?

Surely I changed the serial number of the hard disk of the virtual machine but I put it back the same as it was originally.
My PC has two Hard Drives and I may have moved the Virtual Machine to the other Hard Drives.

What should I avoid doing to avoid deactivating the license again?

Thank You very much...

Flexera is the activation that creates .LIC files. CodeMeter does not create an independent license file, they are all housed in containers. I have my CodeMeter containers/licenses on a dongle (9509-CMSTICKC), and connect that usb device to virtual machine when i power it on. When i loaded the activation in FT Activation Manager, bound it to the dongle. I think you can also put the license on your host machine, and and set FT Activation Manager on host as a network server, then point the VM FT Activation Manager at it, but i have not done it, so not sure of the specifics.