Code to Send SMS message to ML1100 RS232 Port

stuofsci02

Hi There,

Can anyone help me with the code to do this. I am currently using an AWA instruction and sending the modem string for the message.

This is AT+CMGS="1234567890"<CR> Test Message <ctrl-Z><CR>

I can use this in hyper terminal where I hit enter for the <CR> and use ctrl-z on the keyboard, and the message sends fine.

When I use the PLC, I sometimes get a message and if I do it is the whole instruction.

How should I be formatting my string to get this to work.

I have also tried AT+CMGS="1234567890"^M Test Message ^Z^M

Note: THe modem is a Wavecom.

Thanks

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

Just lose the last <CR> after Ctrl-Z (it shouldn't need it)

I normally use the AWT (not AWA), works well for me...

I have several chunks of code i can send if you need it (PM your email if it helps)

Regards,

Rob

Rob,

Outstanding... It worked like a champ...

You have been helping me all the way on this project... Might have to send you a cut of my paycheck.

Thanks

Stuart