Codesys 3.5, comments on array elements

leon78

Can you please tell me if it is possible to add comments to array elements in Codesys 3.5?
For example, Control Expert (Schneider Electric)

изображение_2022-07-13_0833110.png

Li Leon:
It does not seem to be possible to add comments straightforwardly for arrays. A Google search showed two forums with unanswered posts on your very same question.
The workaround below requires the creation of a user data type, in which you can create an array of strings to store your comments in the initialization of the array within the user data type declaration. I know this is ugly, but I can't think of anything else.

2022-07-13_ArrayWithComents.png

Hi Alfredo,
Thanks, but I can't use your idea. It demand to use a lot of variables' memory for the comments.

Another option is a STRUCT. (left hand side of image)

If you want to be able to do array access like for loops, you can use a UNION as well. (right hand side of image)

In both cases, they use the same controller memory of 6 bytes, as can be seen in the memory view (bottom of image).

union or struct for array comments.png