Codesys copying structures to arrays

osogood2323

Hello,
Is it possible to copy an array of 100 bytes into a structure that is the equal? Could go through and pick all the points. New to structured text for about a month. Reading and writing to a gateway 100 in and out. An example
TYPE DataSTRUCT :
STRUCT
DINT : ARRAY[0..3] OF DINT;
INT : ARRAY[0..3] OF INT;
BOOL : ARRAY[0..15] OF BOOL;
END_STRUCT
END_TYPE

Input address array:
%IB0 array [0..15] of SINT

Thank you

Last edited:
Found it, so I can see the array and counts, would I leave the Structure its name at a length of 100?
SYSMEMCPY30(ADR(Struct) , ADR(Array[0]), 100);

I'd use something like this:

SYSMEMCPY30(ADR(Struct) , ADR(Array[0]), SIZEOF(Array));

I'm not familiar with SysMemCpy30 (where does the 30 come from?) and I don't remember if the 1st parameter is source or destination. The most important thing to look out for is to insure that you don't overwrite something outside of your destination variable. You mentioned that they're both the same size so that shouldn't be a problem . If they're not you just have to make sure not to overwrite as I mentioned.

Good Luck,

Yosi

You will have to convert it by yourself, as there is no function to do this,
However you can use a pointer and calculate the length of the structure and with these you can copy them use Marker memory.
So put the structure somewhere in markers and then you can take a array out of this.

OK, You've got to add the library SysLibMem.Lib.

The function SysMemCpy has the following 3 paramters.
dwDest: DWORD; (* New buffer *)
dwSrc: DWORD; (* Buffer to copy from *)
dwCount: DWORD; (* Number of characters to copy*)

So if you want to copy a structure (Src) to a byte array (Dest) you'd do it as follows:

SysMemCpy(ADR(Dest), ADR(Src), Sizeof(Src));

IMPORTANT! Dest has to be at least as large as Src otherwise you risk overwritting other data.

Hope this helps.

Yosi

Oh, and regarding OSCAT, it's just a great tool to have on hand. It doesn't have all of the solutions just a remarkable number of them.