Cognex Insight Camera straight to PLC using Modbus

TFBest86

I recenlty came across a problem in that I have two brand new 64 bit servers running Server 2008, the problem is that the Cognex Insight OPC server is not compatable with 64bit systems or Server 2008. I want to cut out the Cognex OPC server completely as I have always had problems with it. So what I would like to do is pull the information straight from the camera to the PLC using Modbus. The cognex camera is 5400, the PLC is a Modicon TSX Premium Telemecanique. I might have left out some important points, but I am very new to PLCs and this form of data communication. Any help would be great.

TFBest

I cannot say anything about Modicon PLC but I can assure you that Modbus TCP/IP does work with Cognex In-Sight and other PLCs. The mapping of Cognex spreadsheet cells to Modbus internal memory addresses is described in In-Sight Explorer Help file.

As a matter of fact, it is a bit strange that there was an OPC server in between.