Collect data from Different Brands of PLC's

kire

I`m looking into different solutions for gathering data from different PLC`s (different manufacturers) to a central storage locally or cloud.

The solution needs to have support for many drivers, to be able to pull data from a wide range of PLC`s manufacturers?

Presenting the data itself is not part of these scope.

I`m just browsing what is available on the marked.
I guess there is two ways to go here...

1.Collect data from the PLC`s and store in on a local database and have the option to replicate/send the data to cloud.

2.Collect data from the PLC`s and send it directly to cloud.

I can see from the hompage ptc.com, Kepware is supporting alot of PLC`s....
Is it the KEPServerEX product that must be used then? or do they have different products?

The case is that we have potential different plant with different PLC`s manufactures and we want to collect sensor data for analysing, the data don’t need to be provided to a SCADA system.

Yep, use Kepware!
I've used it for years at different sites.
Many SCADA systems use Kepware behind the scenes too, for example TopServer is rebranded Kepware with additional integration to wonderware (system platform) and iFIX IGS is rebranded Kepware.

If you are using wonderware or any of their products to integrate with the data, I recommend the TopServer variant, otherwise just stick with Kepware.

The Rockwell FactoryTalk Historian, is really OSI-PI under the hood. Comes with driver to read Rockwell PLC's and you can then use OPC to collect data from other vendors. (The OPC license will cost additional funds, plus the cost of the OPC software). I don't know about pricing since OSi-PI got sold, but before then. Factory Talk version was cheaper on a point count bases. Once in the historian, you can use DataLink to extract to Excel and analyze.

Thank you all.

The main motvation is to collect data from different plants to cloud.

I will dig into what you saying here... looks like Keepware is a popular tool.

For some of our internal projects, I use **** Flexy as gateaway and data operation unit.
You can use many option to write srcipts to collect and process data, manage access.
I think it could be used instead OPC, which is more complicated.
****'s user community is also good for tech support.