Communication between Micrologix 1200 and Automation Direct

Rehu09

Hi all
I have micro logix 1200 and automation direct panel (EA9-T6CL). I have downloaded .RSS file in micrologix 1200 using 1761-CBL-PM02. Similary for using Ethernet I have downloaded the application into the HMI panel.
Now HMI panel and micrologix 1200 communicates through RS485 cable. I want to connect my pc to the plc at the same to do testing. How cna I Connect?
Does anyone suggest a better solution

Thanks in advance

You can use any of a number of DF1 to Ethernet Devices on the market to put the ML1200 on a Ethernet Network. Then you can connect your computer into the network and be able to work with both the PLC and the HMI.
I like the 1761-NET-ENI from Allen Bradley. They may be obsolete now but you can find them on eBay.
Another that is mentioned here is the Dig One IAP. Prosoft makes one. So there are several to choose from.
Good Luck

If your ML1200 only has one serial port, then you may want to follow Bullzi advice and use a serial to Ethernet converter that can handle DF1 (Digi One IAP is one example).

If your ML1200 has a 2nd serial port, then you should be able to connect your programming PC to that port.

I have a 1200 on my bench that we salvaged from an old panel and it has two serial ports, one on the left side, and one under a small cover on the front. The one on the left is called the HMI/Prog port in RSLogix 500 on the Channel Configuration dialog box and is fixed at 19200 baud and DF1 protocol.