Communication between SLC 500 and SLC 5000

You know people here are tryng to help YOU with YOUR problem, not theirs. So far you are not even trying to help yourself. People are taking the time to help you. You need to give a complete description of your setup to get an asnwer to YOUR probelm, especially since you don't know the answer.

So the logic used will change if i use DH+ vs. Ethernet? They are communicating over ethernet. I dont know what the SLC has exactly, im assuming its a 1756-DHRIO.

You could probably use a MSG. I could be more definite if I had a clue how they were connected. While the instruction may be the same, the configuration of the MSG will change based on which network and which hardware is used.

We're getting nowhere fast. I'm not interested in playing 20 questions, especially if all you are going to do is argue that the questions aren't needed.

Good luck with that attitude.

Assuming you meant a Logix5000 controller the answer is yes.
Is that the answer you were looking for? I don't have many more posts than you, so I really don't have a right being belignorant.
Slow down. Nobody is slamming you. You just asked a bit of an open ended question, probably because you're frustrated with a problem. I would bet my logging on privliges that everyone who has replied to your post has been in that same situation (except that darn Natchewey guy, I think He's just a 'bot' Phil developed).
Hold on, get some details about the comms and post back in a day or two.
Dont Panic

No offense was intended in my 1st reply...I actually got interrupted before I could add to it, but I thought it would get your thread rolling (which it did) so I just hit the post button instead of just closing my browser and leaving your thread with zero replies.

Paul

Okie

Thanx for your help on that rsview32 problem I had a while back...

Although you didn't specifically solve the problem, you pointed me in the right direction.

Sorry to hijack imloggedins post.

I think the best description is: "GIGO" If you don't know what that is... you should. Go 'google' it.

P.S. You **** off people here and you won't get help, and good luck finding this quality of information anywhere else. Especially for the price!

My 1st response was on the same level of attitude as Okies. You people are acting like it was a felony offense. This thread should be closed, its useless now. I found my answer in another thread, using a MSG block like was referenced here. Thanks to those who gave viable answers. The rest of you trolls need to screw off.

At this point I could care less whether he solved his problem or not. Everyone here is volunteeing their time to help someone else (who we usually don't know) with their problem. When we we ask for more information than the terse one sentence given, we get an attitude. We cannot know by telepathy what your equipment is like if you don't tell us. Being nasty to people that are trying to help you is stupid. There is a wealth of knowledge here, so let's all be civil to each other and take a breath before posting. We ARE trying to help you after all.

It is a testament to the membership of this forum that anyone would even try to help this guy after his second entry. Unbelievable.

I actually don't have a simialar problem at work, but what's the use of a post without a solution?

Hopefully the link posted will help someone in the future...

:mad: this thread made my day.....:D

is there a way to put the OP in favourites so i can watch a replay ?

naegely hit the nail on the head - unbelievable

The problem with "attitude" is that people who have it, don't know they have it, it's just the 56 billion other people in the world that have it, not them. ROFLMAO