BUT
these are not modbus - these are internal Twido words/bits
the OPC needs to tell 400001 = $MW0
or 000001 = M1
or 400002.0 = $MW1:x0

then translate to the outputs or inputs

download kepserver 4.6 open yantai.pfe
and look at the setup

this 400001 concept is just applicable to your memory addresses.....
ie: %mwX:y
where x=0,1,2,3.........so on........
y=x0,x1,x2............so on.......
if your input is a sensor to the plc then program it in this way....

!------| %i0.0|---------------(%mw0:x0)------|

and then use the memory address in the next rung to get a output....

|------------|%mw0:x0|-------------------(%q0.0)----------------|
9999999parallel rung99999999999999999999| |
9999999parallel rung99999999999999999999|-------(%mw0:x1)------|
we cant represent the inputs %i0.0 and o/p %q0.0 with that 400001 concept......so we use the memory bits.
by giving i/p in series to memory bit we can make memory bit to act as input......(ie: when u sensor is activated your input %i0.0 will go high and hence %mw0:x0 will go high)........as soon as the memory bit %mw0:x0 goes high %q0.0 will go high but i cant represent %q0.0 with 400001 concept so ill place one more memory bit in parallel to %q0.0 and that memory bit is %mw0:x1.....thats it simple.
so if you use this concept.......then for your input use a memory bit in series as shown and for your output use memory bit in parallel as shown........or else you can directly give your input %i0.0 to %mw0:x1/%q0.0 only if you dont want to represent the input in your scada.....

Ian, I downloaded kepserver and looked at setup. I created new chanel called Twido and added tags (example address of start is 400001 in kepserver, data type is Word because address of start in plc is %MW0:X0) from plc in kepserver. In citect I used OPC server and addresses of variable tags are D0, D1 and so on if is a digital or I1, I2 and so on if integer. What should I do next??
preetham1234, thanks. I understood that.

000001 IS normally used for BIT addressing
400001 IS FOR INTEGER (WORD) USE
The idea of 400001.1 is being used as an alarm bit
Because the HMI uses Integer addressing
you need to look at the Twido program.
%m5 is a bit from the HMI
%MW1 is an integer to the HMI
the program writes the to %MW1 by bit %MW1:X9 is (0000 0001 0000 0000)

Last edited:
Also have a look at the OPC quick tool button you can monitor and check comms from there

now you are outside my knowledge - I have used kepserver with AB

I think you need .net or similar

ok.
Can me tell how do I connect twido with vijeo citect v7.2???
I have instaled vijeo citect v7.2 and OPC driver on my own laptop and I will bring it on lab and try on that way to finish my project.
I will install and Modbus driver Pack for modbus communication.

I have just completed an AB 830 to component Panel view c200 screen with modbus. very easy and did not use kepware

the citect package must have a setting area specifically for modbus to tell the plc where to look
the example I gave you does not show this - it is the panelview that uses the twido channel - sorry about that.
I can send the screen prg but you need FTV 6 or later

Ok. I have readed that vijeo citect v7.2 have this area for modbus. I don't understand in this case, is plc slave or scada(PC)??? Can me tell that???

its really easy to connect kepserver with plc and scada.........
in kepserver create a new file.......you can see click to add a channel....click it.then you can see a box which asks for channel name....give any name and click next.....
now it asks for device driver.....select the device driver.....as you are using twido.....it will be modbus serial and then click next.....in the next coloumn.....select the comp port...baud rate....parity which is as per your plc device.....an keep clicking next...........till end....

next option is to click on add device......give any device name.......clik next
device model:modbus click next............device id:1......then keep clicking next till end.....
now you can view click to add device.....click on it and start giving the tagnames...........
you have to give a name in tagname and respective address in address coloumn and click on tick mark to check if its right or else click on question mark which will tell you everything bout addreesing for you plc device......
so enter all your tagnames and respective addresses.............
now to check whether plc is communicating with kepserver or not just go to opc which is visible on different toolbars on the top of kepserver......
click on channel1.device1 if u have used default names for ur channel name and device name...or else if you had give channel names as nickola's and device name as ian....then it will be visible as nickolas.ian.........click on it and you can all your tags.......you can also see quality thr if the is quality is hown as good then the plc is communication with kepserver.......do this and ill let you after this how to coommunicate with vijeo from kepserser later......and mention the channel name and device name specified by you......

here is the way to give tagnames in vijeo citect 7 or higher version along with kepserver........
1st in servers give cluster name.....then in communication->exprees wizard- >click next until you see opc thing........you have to select opc and after that in communication you have to enter the address as : KEPware.KEPserverV4.EX(HERE V4 MEANS VERSION 4,SO IF YOUR VERSION IS 8 THEN ENTER V8 ETC ETC LIKE THAT) AND ALL THE CAPITAL LETTERS SHOULD BE CAPITAL AND SMALLER ONES AS SMALLER AS SHOWN ABOVE AND KEP CLICKING NEXT TILL END....... then CONFIGURE ports,boards and i/o devices..........
then goto variable tags and not local tags........................

example....:suppose in kepserver if your channel name is: india and device name is :rockz
and 1 of the tagname is :guys.......in kepserver.......
THEN you can represent the variable tag in citect vijeo
Channel1.Device1.tagname(SYNTAX FOR ADDRESSING) that is as per the above example you have to give india.rockz.guys.........:)
TRY IT.....AND IT WILL WORK.....
after giving the tagnames use it with your buttons or other things in your scada.....

preetham1234, thank you very much.
I know that vijeo can communicate without kepserver but it was problem because I had to use citect v6.0, in lab, which can not communicate without kepserver.
Now, I can use vijeo citect and I have configured IP address of plc and IP address of vijeo(PC) but I again have a problem. I don't have communication between plc and vijeo and I don't know why. I use IP 192.168.21.210 for plc and 192.168.21.211 for PC.
What problem may be???