communication plug/connector for AB-1794-ASB

kiran

Hi everyone,

I have a couple of Allen Bradley remote I/O adaptor modules 1794-ASB on the shelf these are missing the 3 pin communication plug on them. I contacted my AB supplier and the lead time to get this is around 8 weeks. I do not have so much time as I need to use one of these moduleS in the next week. Does anybody know where else could I get this? If I do not get one soon I will have buy a whole new module.

Thanks

I believe those connectors are made by WAGO. The only question is if part is available to an end user or only to the OEM (A-B).

I just checked the one in my desk drawer. It's made Phoenix Contact and has the part #SMSTB 2.5-5.08 embossed on one side under their logo and 250V~10A 2.5mm on the opposite side. I hope this helps.

The REMIO and the DH+ connectors are exactly the same. As a matter of fact, some of the available channels on PLC5 CPUs can be set to work as either REMIO or DH+.

One important thing: the connectors actually come in vaious versions, as the available space for wire entry is different on all the various CPUs, communication modules, PC cards etc.
You may find that one connector can be plugged into its port, but that there is no availbale space for the wires. Check this first.

Communication plug for AB 1794-ASB

Thanks everybody for the info.

I have got the AB Part# for this from my distributor and it is 942029-03.

Jesper,

You are right. The one on ASB module needs to be 45 degree plug. The plug I found on the site indicated by ingram is a straight plug and it will not fit the ASB.