Communication with Siemens S7-300 PLC

razm

Hello

I want to write my own HMI program that will communicate with a Siemens S7-300 via the Ethernet port.
I know how to open a port in the PC that will send data over TCP. What I need to know is:
1. What do I need to do in the PLC
2. How the message should be written

Most HMIs polls the data that is to be displayed, and sends eventual changed values (i.e. setpoints). So there is normally no need to do anything in the PLC program.

It is also possible to have the PLC send the data rather than the HMI polling the data, but that is not typical.

Are you using some kind of communication library to let your selfmade HMI program communicate with the S7 PLC ?

Similar Topics

Hello everyone! I'm currently working on a project which requires communication between an S7-319 PLC (programed in TIA Portal V14) and an x20...
Replies
Views
hi how can i Communication between Siemens S7-300 and Vijeo Citect 7.2 with Ethernet tcp/ip ? please help me!🤞🏻🤞🏻
Replies
Views
hello dear we have a problem with communicate with delta dop hmi and siemens s7-300 cpu . we use ISO ON TCP connection and AG-SEND and AG-RECV...
Replies
Views
Dear Friends, i have simatic s7-300 CPU317-2DP, along with USB/MPI+ communication cable. can we use WINSPS-S7 Software MHJ-Software to...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, good day! i would like to ask for a help regarding below item since i am new to this one: 1. I have 2 different S7-300 CPU mounted on...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom