Communications Through Stratix NAT

ian.smith7

Hi Guys
I am looking for some help to get communications going through a Stratix 5700 with a NAT rule in it. I did not set the stratix up but I would like to get RSLogix5K Programming/Backup Access and PLC to PLC messaging working for some remote alarms. Data Collection already works to an AVEVA Historian server on the private network (IP Private.72).

The Stratix Has an Address on the Private Subnet (Private.143)
NAT Settings are
Private To Public: Private.72 To Public.250
Public To Private: Public.1 To Private.142
Advanced:
Non-Translated: In/Out Blocked.
MultiCast: In/Out Blocked.
IGMP: In/Out Blocked.
Fix Up Packets: ARP/ICMP Enabled.
Smart Ports Not Used.
Only VLan1 Used.

The PLC (5069-L330ERMS. V33.012 Firmware) has IP Public.1 On Port 1. Initially the Gateway Address was default (0.0.0.0) But I have already changed it to Public.250.
Port 2 is dedicated to a Servo drive on the Public subnet

Using Logix Designer 5000 Plugged into the Private Subnet the Stratix is visible in 'Who Active' as Private.143 but the PLC is not Visible after the Gateway has been set to IP Public.250 and a power cycle.

In RS500 I would have used the IP driver To get through the NAT but I dont know how to set this up in RS5000 (I didnt think it was required?).
I dont want all the Public IO visible on the Plant wide Private network so I am reluctant to mess with the settings too much.
Any Advice is appreciated.
Cheers
Ian

I am not clear on your described network setup.
Typically for NAT setup, your PLC and related networked devices are on a Private VLAN.
Also the PLC Gateway address is the Private gateway address set for Stratix 5700.
Please verify your Gateway Translation for Public/Private IP addresses.

Hi Ku
Thanks for your reply.
In the Stratix 5700 switch the Plantwide Data Collection / SCADA network has been designated as the Private Network and the machine panel is designated as the Public Network. There are single instance NAT rules for a data collection server on the Private Network.
There is NO gateway translation setup in the Stratix and I think this is the problem but I am not sure what IP addresses to use and I do not want to expose the machine IO to the plantwide private network.
Do I need to set unique IP addresses in the Public and Private networks just for the gateway to use?
I suppose I could set up individual single NAT rules for each device I want to connect through the NAT to the PLC. Would this work to connect a laptop for programming/backup and another PLC for remote alarms.
Cheers
Ian
Cheers
Ian