Compact Logix 5000 MSG / CIP Setting question

hi , I need to sorry for my bad English first.
I'm newbie at plc programming ,I had been asked about E/IP protocol information for some system want to write data to my PLC (L33ER)
like this -> [Unknow system] ->>- E/IP protocol->>-[My PLC]
The unknow system owner ask me use MSG CIP Generic -> Get Attribute single
for get service code/class/instance/attribute, but I never used that...
I search many operator manual but still not understand how it works ...

Before you continue you will need to know the service code/class/instance/attribute. Nothing to be afraid of though. It's just another way of accessing the data. Instead of reading a tag you read an attribute.

Before you continue you will need to know the service code/class/instance/attribute. Nothing to be afraid of though. It's just another way of accessing the data. Instead of reading a tag you read an attribute.

thanks for reply, but how can I start it. QQ
My target is receive data from another system, so I need to tell them some information. But I don't know how to specify that.

I need create communication to that system ?
But it look like don't need to do that, so how do I create some "information" to make it know where data will go?

Or problem is how can i know service code/class/instance/attribute of L33ER ?
Where can I get that information ?

Typically, but not always, this type of communications is used to communicate with a non-PLC device such as a VSD or I/O. When we work with the older WAGO PLCs, for example, they also had a block of memory accessible in the same way.

They way to go about this is to look at the manual of the device you want to communicate. There should be a whole section on EthernetIP communications listing all of the classes, instances, and attributes available to you, for example, Digital input data or Analog input data. Once you find this information it's a matter of plugging it into the message instruction or setting up the device as I/O. You can use the message instruction (MSG) to debug the communications and then use this information to set-up your device as an I/O device if this is necessary.

The class, etc. of the L33ER is not relevant since it should be the master. Is this not the case?

What device are you trying to communicate with?