Array[4]
DataType[0]
- Part 1
- Part 2
- Part 3
- Part 4
- Part 5
DataType[1]...etc

I'm wanting to compare Part 3 in all the Data Types in this Array to determine if have duplicate values. If I do have Duplicate values I'm wanting to turn on an (OTE).

I was thinking of using an (EQU) function or a (CMP) function to achieve this but I'm having trouble writing the tag in the instructions. I'm probably overlooking something dumb but wanted to pick you guys brains.

Also I would be open to any suggestions on coding this differently. Thanks all.

With only 4 items in the array it takes but six compares ORed together to write the bit via the OTE. E.g. in Allen-Bradley mnemonics (one rung):

BST EQU ARRAY[0].part3 ARRAY[1].part3
NXB EQU ARRAY[0].part3 ARRAY[2].part3
NXB EQU ARRAY[0].part3 ARRAY[3].part3
NXB EQU ARRAY[1].part3 ARRAY[2].part3
NXB EQU ARRAY[1].part3 ARRAY[3].part3
NXB EQU ARRAY[2].part3 ARRAY[3].part3
BND OTE DUPLICATE_IS_PRESENT

Last edited: