Comparing barcodes in RSLogix 5000

idukkigold

I have currently made a logic to read Serial input from a barcode scanner. The situation is that I need to read the barcode from the machine and from the part and check if the part is supposed to go into that machine. How do I prevent the tag from being overwritten when scanning the second barcode? Sample code would be helpful. PS: I am just an intern starting out.

I have currently made a logic to read Serial input from a barcode scanner. The situation is that I need to read the barcode from the machine and from the part and check if the part is supposed to go into that machine. How do I prevent the tag from being overwritten when scanning the second barcode? Sample code would be helpful. PS: I am just an intern starting out.

can you post your code, I may help...