Compatclogix 5335E controller firmware update problem

No, no, no !

The serial number that is needed for download of firmware is the serial number of an RSLogix 5000 software package that is registered to a user with a support contract.

It is NOT the serial number of the controller printed on the sticker.
It is NOT the serial number of the controller shown in the Controller Properties
It is NOT "1234567890", which is the serial number put in by people who are being lazy or did not legitimately receive a software license.

What you have found is a test website by a software vendor that Rockwell Automation uses in Wisconsin. It is not the correct Rockwell Automation firmware update website and the firmware it is linked to may not be the correct files.

You can go ahead and use it at your own risk, if you're the sort of person who doesn't care about contracts or copyright.

My boss won't buy me a License so that he can save money,so sometimes i have to take the risk,very bad in China......o_O

hi ! greattings of the day
please check your RS logics 5000 software version and Programing version
if it is diffrent then install softweare acording to programing version.

Jamadar

Hi all, Finally i resolved my problem. I used cross cable instead of straight cable and RS232, then i could download my program from my laptop to PLC. By using straight cable and RS232 cable gave me many wrong messages. Thank for all of your supports.

and whats about the sr. no???

Actually, i did not need to update firmware. When i used RJ45 and RS232 , i got wrong alarm message showing that i need to update firmware. The problem come from RJ 45 straight cable and RS232. When i used RJ 45 cross cable, download speed was much faster and quite straight forward to download the program to PLC.