Connect Siemens S7 to Red Lion DSPSX

DLMUK

Hi,

We are trying to connect (for the 1st time) a Red Lion DSPSX to a Siemens S7. Unfortunately I do not have the S7 in front of me but I have been give the following information.

[FONT=&quot]Setting for Channel 1 is:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]MPI[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]8[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SLOT[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SEGMENT[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]0[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]RACK[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]0[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]DATA BLOCK[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]108[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]READ[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]25[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]WRITE[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]50[/FONT]

I am using the red lion cable to communicate via RS232 (CBLSIE03).

I have setup the DSP so that the 232 port #2 is 9600/8bits/odd/1 stop bit. Then setup a new device with MPI adapter drop as 1 and drop number as 8.

I have then setup a data tag so that the data is coming from the device as Data Block (DB0108:0000) and byte as word (the info is stored in DWORDS in the S7).

When the two devices are connected, using the remote viewer on the DSP, we see no data coming into the data tags which suggests there is no comms between the two devices.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as I am sure it is my inexperience with Siemens causing the problems.

If it helps, what I am trying to do is take the values out of 4 DWORDS (S7) into data tags on the DSP and then retransmit those values in a custom 232 string. But it is only the comms on the S7 I need help with.

Many thanks,