Connecting a Red Lion ProducTVity to a SLC 5/04

How do I slow down the polling for the whole device? I only know how to do that if I'm using blocks. I set my comms delay as high as 1000ms and it still kicks out...

As of right now, I never get any data for any tags before comms go offline. As soon as I delete that tag and send the program back down, comms go back online.

How do I slow down the polling for the whole device?

The comms delay would do it. If 1000ms didn't help, try turning off spanning reads.

Did you say you can go online and monitor data tables and logic with RSLogix/RSLinx? If so, that would tend to rule out settings in the prosoft gateway device.

Never hurts to try different cables, and last but not least there is Wireshark. To really see what is happening on the wire, you may also need a mamanged switch with port mirroring.

Okie,

I was able to go online with the PLC and change logic. The main concern I have this point is that the Prosoft Gateway isn't directly connected to the PLC per say, it is part of the data highway network. I am going to try connecting it to the programming port and see if it will work with the red lion better.