Connecting CPM2A-40CDR-A to an EA9-T10CL HMI

Hello all,

I'm trying to replace an obsolete NT600 touchscreen with the aforementioned EA9-T10CL C-More HMI from Automation Direct, serial connection from the Host port on the PLC, all standard parameters (9600, 1,7,E,1).

Saw a couple posts where folks got it to work on other sites, but not getting anywhere right now. The HMI is "pinging" the PLC, as the serial lamp is flashing, but not fully connecting.

Has anyone tried to connect an Auto Direct HMI to a CPM2A? IF so, how did you get it to work (or did you? Failure is also an option).

Thanks,

Tim Moulder

I am assuming that you are using NT600S here (there was NT600M also). It can be connected to CPM2A either using Host Link or NT Link protocol. Third party HMIs usually implement Host Link protocol hence I am assuming here that C-More is using Host Link.
You have to ensure that the CPM2A RS232C port is set up for Host Link in using Settings part of CX-Programmer project explorer. The parameters should match at both PLC and HMI. Host Link default parameters are (9600, 1 ,7, E, 2). Note the stop bits.
Hope this helps!

SVN

Thanks SVN,

This is a bit of a hairball. The Host Link protocol for the EA9 does not include the Common IO addresses or the DM addresses. These are available with the FINS serial driver, and I saw online where someone got that to work. Unfortunately, I had no success and have ordered a replacement Omron panel instead.