Connecting InTouch 2014 to AB 1769-L33ER

Bilbo1161

Hi
We have a project that is based on an AB 1769-L33ER and I need to connect this to our InTouch 2014 Scada system.
We have installed the latest ABCIP IO Server and are ready to connect.
Can you directly address the PLC I/O like you would on a Mitsubishi or GEFanuc plc, or does everything you want to read need to be created into a Tag that is then read via InTouch.
It is a long time since I’ve connected to an AB PLC and that would have been an old SLC 5, so I’m sure things have changed.
I have had the PLC tags dumped, but these don’t look like I would have expected them to.
Any help appreciated.

The physical I/O on a CompactLogix does not have an IEC designator like %I or %M.

Instead, the base I/O tags have a format that includes their slot number, like "Local:4:I.Data[x]".

A driver released in 2014 might or might not explicitly recognize a 1769-L33ER. If there are selections for the older 1769-L35E, try that.

Hi Ken
The driver is an up to date driver that runs the backend. InTouch is 2014, but works with the up to date IO Driver.
So local:4:I.Data[1], would be slot 4 input 1 of the PLC? And this wouldn’t need to be defined as a tag to be able to read it?

Local:4:I.Data[x] (where x=0 to 15) is an example of a "module defined tag". If the module has been created in the I/O tree of the controller program, then the tags are automatically created in that format.

Find out if you can import/export tags in the I/O server, the last one I did I just exported the tags from the PLC file, imported them to Excel, created a few tags in the I/O server exported them to Excel to get the format then altered the spreadsheet of the PLC tags and imported them, Not used Wonderware for many years but assume there is this facility.