Connecting SICK BarCode Reader to RSLogix5000

luisarcher

Hi guys, I hope you are all doing well.

I'm trying to connect a SICK BarCode Reader (CLV630-6120) to RSLogix in order to use it with my PLC (1756-L72 ControlLogix). I'm able to ping both my PLC and my BarCode to their IP addresses correctly, thus I'm pretty sure there is no communication problem.

I created a Generic Ethernet Module in an ethernet module (1756-EN2T module) and downloaded the program to the PLC. Everything seems fine, but once it runs, the module enters fault mode with code 16#0204 Connection Request Error: Connection request timed out.

Can anyone point me to the right direction of troubleshooting ?

Thanks a lot,
luisarcher

How have you set up your input and output data instances? Can you post a screenshot of that dialog window? I've set up a few of the CLV barcode readers over ethernet/IP - they can be a bit finicky to get reading the way you want, but getting them to talk to the PLC has always been fairly straightforward for me.

I actually got it to work after a couple hours and calls (finally!). I needed to press the reboot button after setting EthernetIP communication on SICK's program. Thanks a lot for your help, really appreciated.

luisarcher