Connecting to an allen bradly 1747-L551

i have an allen bradly 1747-L551 controler siting next to me and im wondering if i need an ethernet card to see it on rslinx, or can i use the ethernet port on the controler itself?

You can connect directly to it. With a crossover cable ( directly) or a patch cable if using a hub/switch.

See PDF below for more info on how to get connected.

With a null-modem cable you can connect to it's serial port.

Last edited:
everything else being equal - you SHOULD be able to connect directly through the SLC-5/05's Ethernet port ...

but ...

it's usually easier to connect through the processor's DB9 port FIRST using a null-modem cable and the RS232/DF1 driver in RSLinx ... this is usually the easiest way to set the IP address for the Ethernet port ...

then once the Ethernet port has been set up, the rest of the connection process should be relatively easy ...