Help! Issues connecting Allen Bradley Micro850 to ConnectedComponents

d1nsm00r

Hello all, hope your week is going well.

I am currently working on debugging a Micro850 with Category number 2080-LC50-24QWB. When I connect it to my debug VM over usb, and attempt to connect. I get an error referring to the category number in that the PLC thinks that its category number is 2080-LC50-?????(as in connected components thinks the last five digits are ?????), not 2080-LC50-24QWB as shown on the exterior sticker. Does anybody have any ideas about what to do?

Thanks,

Joe

Hi Joe and welcome to PLC Talk

Have you tried running CCW on your native and ditching the VM? And is this RSLinx showing this when connecting if not what does RSLinx show?

Thanks for the warm welcome genius!

I ran CCW on the host machine this morning same result. RSlinx is showing this when connecting. I am honestly not sure what could be causing this.

What version of CCW? have you tried updating if its an older version and/or what version of RSLinx?