Firmware issues - Help needed

sparkytex

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello Guys,

I was called into a local plant to help them figure out a few issues with their Centrifuge PLC which is a Allen Bradley Compact Logix 1769 L32E processor. They have an HMI station with RSLogix 5000 on it, which I've used before to connect with various other AB PLC's throughout the plant.

The problem this time, is the program they have for the centrifuge labeled as
"PIERALISI_CENT.ACD" does not seem to match up firmware with the RSLogix 5000 on the HMI station. I get a few messages when I try to connect to the PLC or even upload the PLC program.

I'll upload the screen shots as well as the program to hopefully help me find a way to get online with this program. It's no issue to shut down the centrifuge to update firmware if needed but I'm looking for some general direction on this one.

thanks for your help,

Tex

The firmware in the controller is ver.20 and the project was created with ver.18.

Open your project with ver.18 and right click on the controller. Go to properties click change controller and change your project to revision 20. Then try to go online and it will probably as you to upload click yes.

Do not download because you do not have the project that is in the controller and if changes were made which I'm sure there were since your copy is in Ver.18 it will not be the right program.

I would make sure there is not a copy of the program with ver.20 already somewhere else.

If all this is true then someone has the change the firmware in the controller. You can always change your project revision up but some work has to be done to change your project revision down.

I would try this before flashing your controller down to ver.18 since your program is not currently on the in the controller.

The firmware in the controller is ver.20 and the project was created with ver.18.

Open your project with ver.18 and right click on the controller. Go to properties click change controller and change your project to revision 20. Then try to go online and it will probably as you to upload click yes.

Do not download because you do not have the project that is in the controller and if changes were made which I'm sure there were since your copy is in Ver.18 it will not be the right program.

I would make sure there is not a copy of the program with ver.20 already somewhere else.

If all this is true then someone has the change the firmware in the controller. You can always change your project revision up but some work has to be done to change your project revision down.

I would try this before flashing your controller down to ver.18 since your program is not currently on the in the controller.

Thank you very much for the reply, I will give this a try and let you know how it goes!

Cheers,

Tex