connecting to Panasonic fpg-c32t2h PLC

unsaint32

Hi, I am a PLC novice. I am trying to access a panasonic plc CPU (fpg-c32t2h) with my laptop. I believe I need FPWIN Pro.

But before that, I need help with getting the cable.

Question 1)
The PLC has a RS232 comm card attached to its side. FPG-COM2. It has five terminals. It has 5 terminals; S1, S2, R1, R2, SG. I am assuming RxD=R, TxD=S, GND=SG. But then why are two each (R1 R2 S1 S2)? Can you help me with which pins go to which terminals of the comm card?

Question 2)
My laptop has a serial port (DE9 IOIOI). So, do I need to get a cable with the DE9 plug at one end (for my laptop) and 9 wires at the other end (for the PLC)? Where do I order one of those?

Thank you.

FPG-COM2.JPG RS-232_DE-9_Connector_Pinouts.jpg

https://www.panasonic-electric-works.com/eu/powerful-compact-plc-fp-sigma.htm

Hello!

Q1: FPG-COM2 is a two-channel communication cassette, so terminals w/ index '1' is for COM1 port and w/ index '2' is for COM2 port. Signal ground is common for both channels.
You can find more information about communication cassettes in Chapter 7 of FP Sigma User's Manual.

Q2: You need a cable w/ the DE9 female connector and 3 wires on pins 2, 3 and 5 (RxD, TxD, GND).

PC side (DE9 fem): pin 2 RxD <--- Sx :pLC side (terminals)
pin 3 TxD ---> Rx​
pin 5 GND --- SG​

Usually I connect via TOOL-port (round mini-DIN 5 socket on the PLC's face side), you can find pinout for the cable here.

Thank you Zes,
So all I need to see the PLC program is the cable and FPwin Pro software then? Do I need a driver or what else do I have to do or get in order to see the PLC program? Thanks again.

You only need drivers for your built-in COM-port. MEWTOCOL driver's installed with FPwin Pro. Under the "see the PLC program" you mean upload existing PLC program or debugging your own code?