Connecting to SLC500 1747 PIC box.

Emmo

We are trying to connect to an Allen Bradley SLC 500 Processor 1747-L40A with a 1747-PIC box.
PIC box to laptop connection is with 9-pin to 25-pin adapter and the Allen Bradley 1747-C10 cable between PIC and SLC. RSLinx Classic being used but keep getting error message AB PIC/AIC+Port not passed windows logo testing, RSLinx Classic Fatal Error Initializing PIC device driver and SwapDriverIN()Failed to Swap in the new PIC Driver Try Restarting RSLinx.
The young apprentice Guru has suggested that our versions of Windows are too new for the PIC driver to work. The laptop is running WindowsXP Service Pak 3. Any help please.

to Swap in the new PIC Driver Try Restarting RSLinx.
The young apprentice Guru has suggested that our versions of Windows are too new for the PIC driver to work. The laptop is running WindowsXP Service Pak 3. Any help please.

The apprentice is right.
You can now get a new USB device to connect to the older processors. It is a 1747-UIC

You could buy a 1747-UIC from Rexel at Warabrook (formally Inaco) or there are non-genuine units available from suppliers like ***********

Dmroeder - Your link didn't work for me, so I have re-posted it (I think):D

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=51959

Last edited:
SLC500 1747 PIC box connection

Thank you for the replies. As the SLC is on a working P&H electric rope shovel, we may not get back to try the fix for a few days. Will let you know how we go.