connecting two magelis to one modicon plc

aryautomation

I need to connect two magelis touch panels to one modicon plc. I appreciate any any idea of how to do it? and which modicon model number you recomend?

To connect multiple displays have them all on an ethernet network (ModbusTCP)
As for the model plc it's a bit hard with the limited information supplied (None!). But for most cases the M340 will do the job, ethernet cpu is a BMX2020 (I think?)

I love these "How long is my piece of string" posts !!

GeoffC - Nearly right its the BMXP342020 which is the M340 CPU with integrated Ethernet, you cant IO scan on these ones though if the OP needs to do that, you would need the stand alone Ethernet module to IO scan which is the BMXNOE0100

I love these "How long is my piece of string" posts !!

GeoffC - Nearly right its the BMXP342020 which is the M340 CPU with integrated Ethernet, you cant IO scan on these ones though if the OP needs to do that, you would need the stand alone Ethernet module to IO scan which is the BMXNOE0100

Programming that I need to do is very simple probably about 10 inputs and 8 out puts and one high speed input. which low cost touchpanel (magelis) do you recomend? and which programming softwares for PLC and Touchpanel?

One mans low cost is another mans expensive, what do you call low cost ?

The lowest cost touchpanel HMI with ethernet is the XBTGT1135 (3.8" Monochrome), you will need Vijeo Designer to program it and Unity Pro to program the PLC's

One alternative is also maybe to use Schneider's Twido PLC with 2 rs485 ports (second 485 port is option for twido) or with ethernet port.

Twido has base units were can be example 12 binary inputs and 8 outputs.So you would only need Twido PLC base with RS485 communication or ethernet communication adapter.

For programming Twido PLC's you need Twidosuite or twidosoft, but you can download them both from Schneider's website for free.

No M340 cpu has 2 ethernet ports. The cpu could have 1 ethernet and 1 serial (modbus) port. Both these ports are RJ45 style.
You can add extra ethernet modules to the system, but if you are only connecting a couple of displays the port on the cpu will be fine. You connect the plc ethernet port to a switch and then connect your displays to that switch.