Connecting WAGO I/O to Schneider Quantum PLC 140CPU 651 60

Hi Guys,

First time posting here. I see a lot of useful information on this website. I was hoping someone could help me with a problem I am struggling with.

I am using a Schneider PLC Quantum 140CPU65160 on a 6 slot rack with Pro-soft PTQ PDPMV1, DDI 353 00 and DRA 840 00. I have a profibus encoder connected to PTQPDPMV1 module which I finally got working. I have everything connected to an Ethernet switch.

I also have a WAGO bus coupler 750-352 with I/O modules on it. I programmed the Ethernet address and pinged the WAGO bus coupler successfully, so I know it works.

I am trying to connect the WAGO bus coupler to the Quantum PLC which I am struggling with. I thought I should be able to install the GSD file by right clicking on the IP address below the 'Host PC' in DTM browser (I am using Unity Pro XL for programming). But I am unable to see any IP address below the Host PC which is annoying me o_O.

Should I not be able to connect to the WAGO device via the Ethernet port on the PLC??.

I would really appreciate if someone can help me.

According to this, the Wago device supports ModbusTCP and EtherNet/IP.

This is good news, as you have some choices, either EIP or Modbus. If you have a 140 NOC series module, you could do either protocol. Based on your description, you don't have one of these modules, but with that CPU you have an Ethernet CoProcessor which does ModbusTCP. I would propose you configure IOScanner on the CPU to get at your Wago remote IO data. You would not need a DTM for this, nor any type of GSD or EDS file.

From the Wago docs you should be able to get the register ranges you need for IOScanner configuration.

Thanks for your reply. That's was very helpful.
My best option would be to use an NOC card and go EthernetIP because I have other WAGO remote I/Os which would use Ethernet/IP. I was hoping not to use an additional card and use the Ethernet port on the CPU.

Modbus/TCP should be fairly easy and not require any advanced file. You may need to configure the -352 via its webpage. Use the IP you set for it and check to make sure that the protocol you are using is selected and that the appropriate ports are available.

After that you should be able to read the I/O data from it by using the standard read, write, and/or read/write Modbus/TCP commands. You'll have to look at the couple manual to find the exact addresses - I recall it being somewhat confusing.