Connection Error

nievesdelimon

Hi,

I'm currently working in a small cell, the IP addresses have been set, PLC firmware has been updated and program downloaded, however, most devices on the IO tree have a warning sign and display a 16#0204 Connection Request Error: Connection request timed out. What could be causing this?

Either they're not properly connected to the Ethernet switch, or the IP addresses aren't really configured correctly, or there's something in the network (a router, or a VLAN) that is preventing them from connecting to one another.

Since you mentioned error 16#0204, I assume this is an A-B ControlLogix system.

Start with your engineering workstation, browsing the devices in RSLinx Classic. Anything that doesn't show up in the browse, you go troubleshooting with PING and TCPING and a web browser.

Post as much detail and context as you can. If you have screenshots, reduce them to a smaller size and save as *.PNG, then attach them to your post.

you've got a lot of connection errors..... unplug a few things and plug directly into it so you know you don't have duplicate IPs.

also, you can just ping the one you want, run a ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -t, and then unplug one, look for an interruption followed by resumed ping reply, or no interruption at all....