Controllogix I/O memory changing

Samneggs

The I/O memory varies during run between about 90K and 100K. How/why would it do this?

Sam

low_memory.gif

high_memory.gif

This is just a guess, but communications is a part of IO, including RS232, ENET, DNET and CNET communications (the communications process to the devices, not just the IO devices themselves). The OS layers handling these function may dynamically allocate memory as needed.

As I said however, this is only a guess.

I agree with Samneggs. The operating system was undoubtadly designed with modern programming tools. Memory is being

dynamically allocated as needed for what ever reason. As garbage
collection kicks in, the unused memory is being deleted preventing the memory leaks.

Similar Topics

... more PLC101 questions for you experience Ladder lovers: Do these PLCs boot up with junk values in memory, and if so how do you typically...
Replies
Views
Im trying to figure out how to use indirect addressing of memory locations to create a "for loop"-like function that would walk through every...
Replies
Views
Can anyone help shed some light on this. ControlLogix5555 was being edited online, with pending edits, when we lost comms from the laptop, then...
Replies
Views
1756_L55 ControlLogix I just swapped out a 1756-M13/A memory for a 1756_M23 memory I tried to follow the instructions, but when it came upgrading...
Replies
Views
Hello! I'm working now on the project where ControlLogix controllers will be used but the problem is with predicting how much memory we will need...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom