ControlLogix L62 and Wonderware Key switch problem!

JIVM1127

Hi everyone!

Hope you all are doing great!

We have a really strange issue with comms between Wonderware and a controllogix L62, we use an Ethernet IP module to gather all data.
Usually we leave always the key switch in REM mode, so we can always perform changes online, but for some reason, suddenly the communication with Wonderware was lost...
We werent able to find any problem with the communications, we ping the Ethernet module and was responding, everything seem ok!
Then randomly, one maintenance guy say "I found the problem" and he switch the key to RUN, and as strange it may appear wonderware was back.
We tested switching back to REM mode and again wonderware communication was lost... Really I have no clue on why this is happening.:confused:

This is the only Controller with this issue, all the other PLC´s are running in REM mode no problem.

For me this makes no sense since the comms are made using DASABCIP Server, which as far as I know its not triggered to change its state with the key switch.

Any ideas on what possibly could be happening?

Thanks in advance.

Happy new year!

I thought wonderware used rslinx? Is there a configuration issue as it relates to rslinx for this particular processor? I would look at the server configuration to see if this processor is different as it relates to comms configuration. Did you try a restart on the comms process on wonderware?

Thanks for your answer! Actually we only tried to restart comms by disabling the server in the System Management Console and putting it back online, there is no error popping up in the log viewer there...

Even tried to restart the PC (sometimes works).

It seems the server configuration is ok, since we only change the IP address from where it will retrieve the data, and it seems to be ok.

Do you know if the key switch in the Controllogix might do something special?

Is this processor of a different firmware revision on the PLC and the ethernet cards? Maybe the firmware on the ethernet cards is a problem?

You can look at the ethernet communications in internet explorer and see what is happening when wonderware connects. See if something weird or different is happening on the ethernet card.

I will check it!

Thank you so much for the insights!

Will update the thread if I find something. Much appreciate it.