Controllogix PID help

Unless I was in your class, doing the same project, there's no way I would be able to tell you !

If you want to discuss this class assignment in public, post the actual *.ACD file and describe the hardware involved.

The most common mistake I see with the ladder version of the PID instruction is that it is not executed on a periodic basis by the rung conditions so that the execution period matches the iteration period set in the instruction. Since you obscured the precondition data, I can't tell. But I do see that the instruction is in the Continuous Task so there's a good chance this is one of your mistakes.

PID instructions and tuning are a big topic, and there's a lot of experience here on the Forum to help. But you're going to have to put in more than one sentence and a screenshot.

Similar Topics

I am trying to understand how the PID block behaves, specifically how the settings in the Scaling Tab effect the output of the Controller. I...
Replies
Views
One more question from a rookie ControlLogix programmer. As I mentioned in another topic I am troubleshooting an existing program for a customer...
Replies
Views
Morning all, Could anyone shed some light on whats happening with my PID Loop? On our plant we have a 'fast ramp' on the PID Instruction done...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a PID that I am using for an oxygen valve that regulates the pressure. Often when the header pressure is too low, the output will...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have a pump that has operational limits 15-100% Speed (9-60Hz). 1. On the PID instruction would you limit (.MINO=15% and...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom