ControlLogix Unconnected Message Buffer

freshmeat

Hi All,

I have a weird question. Is there a way to know the Unconnected Message Buffer (UCB) occupation of a L61 (redundancy)?
I got some ControlLogix PLCs has been running on site for years. I am suspecting the controllers are experiencing "out of UCB" from time to time which leaded to some MSGs often returned error.

I am not the original developer, from what I saw; the UCB is set to 10 (default) but the controller containing 23 outgoing unconnected messages in total; there is no interlocking between those messages; there are about 8 messages enabled simultaneously while the controller is running.

As I have limited access to the site, I am trying to grab more information before I really get my hands on those controllers.