ControlNet Redundancy Programming in RSLogix 5000

Chrispie

Hello,

After a little help. We have ControlNet set up in redundancy - how do i show which channel is active in the PLC code? Can see all the info on the module pop up when removing cabels etc (channel A active, channel B standby), but can't find where to get that info to relay to the PanelView. Also can't seem to get the indication on what's happening when one of the cables is pulled out (it's actually all working OK, just need to display what's going on).

Any help appreciated.
Thanks,
Chrispie

You need to use GSV's. Within the instruction you can select to get the info from redundancy module, processor or specific modules in your rack (controlnet card). The help on GSV's (press F1 while the GSV instruction is highlighted) tells you which parameters you can get.

Last edited:
The specific LED state and Channel A/Channel B connection status requires a CIP Generic Message.

This is detailed in RA Knowledgebase Answer ID #18423.

Other nifty stuff you can do with CIP Generic Messages is described several other Technotes. A table of contents of these technotes is provided as RA Knowledgebase Answer ID # 24538, CIP Messaging Reference.