controlnet remote rack DO not off

wilsonzhu

Hi, why One projects' remote controlnet Rack Do point is not off while disconnect controlnet cable tap? The 1756-OB16I module's Comm Format is Output Data and checked the using contolnet schedule checkbox. What's the different with Rack optimization and Output Data for DO's Comm format. Thanks,

You might want to check the module properties for that particular module. In the configuration tab, you can specify how the output behaves - either ON or OFF - during program-mode or fault-mode. You can define an output to stay ON when the rack is faulted...

with configuration, in program or fault mode, Do is off. while disconnect controllet cable tap, the local rack continue to run, because it doesn't cause controller major fault(that checkbox isn't checked). Technical support say remote rack Do will be off if lose controllnet connection.Any reason will remain DO?

You might want to check the module properties for that particular module. In the configuration tab, you can specify how the output behaves - either ON or OFF - during program-mode or fault-mode. You can define an output to stay ON when the rack is faulted...

Unless another controller is also attempting to create an Owner connection with this module, the 1756-OB16I should follow the Comm Fault and Idle mode settings created for the module in RSLogix 5000.

I recall that there was a defect in RSLogix 5000 version 17.00 (rapidly repaired in 17.01) that caused non-default settings for Comm Fault Action to not be sent to output modules. That is not consistent with what you are describing because OFF is the default comm fault action, but it's worth checking your software and firmware releases.