Controls Engineer/Electrical contractor

ODVA uses the terms "Originator" and "Target" instead of "Input/Output" (because that depends on your perspective) or "Master/Slave" (because that's archaic and inaccurate).

But Studio 5000 sticks with "Input/Output" because that's consistent with the way data is being handled by the controller.

In this case, the ControlLogix is the Originator, and the AF650 drive is the Target. So I think you do have your instance numbers reversed.

On page 21 of that AF650 interface user manual, you'll see that Assembly 103 is the "Originator -> Target" assembly the contains the "CTW" (Control Word) and "REF" (speed reference) data. So that's the "Output" assembly.

Similarly, Assembly 153 is the "Target <- Originator" assembly, containing the "STW" (Status Word) and "MAV" (Main Actual Value, i.e. actual output). So that's the Input assembly.

The Configuration Assembly typically is not used by Generic Ethernet Module objects, but you often have to put an Assembly number there. That manual suggests Assembly 4, but a size of 0.

AF650_Assemblies.png

I've really only skimmed the User Manual, but I don't see where it describes how to use the ODVA-style Parameter Object (Class 0x0F).

Instead, I think you can use the GE Parameter Object, Classes 0x64-0xC7.

Look at Page 61 of the user manual, where it shows that Class 100 (0x64 hex) corresponds to "F-##" parameters, and Class 101 (0x64 hex) corresponds to "E-##" parameters, and so on.

Let's say you wanted to read the Base Frequency value, parameter F-04.

Your MESSAGE would be set up as follows:

Service: 0x0E (Get Attribute Single)
Class: 0x64 (Class 100, F-## parameters)
Instance: 104 (Instance = Parameter number +100)
Attribute: 0x64 (Attribute = 100 + Array Offset)

Important: For reasons lost to the mists of time, Studio 5000 requires that you enter the Service, Class, and Attribute in hexadecimal, but the Instance in decimal.

Why ? Because so many devices enumerate their Instance value = Parameter number. So it was supposed to make it easier to set up that dialog box.

That manual looks identical to the Danfoss one.
We have done EIP to Danfoss multiple times, so if there is the same Ethernet parameters it is very easy to have 10 words each way.
You just need to configure the drive to determine what parameters etc.

Am on mobile, but can send example if you need.

Yep I had my Input and output instance backwards as I mentioned after switching it it works just fine also able to PID control the drives via ether as well I love it.
However doing the mes instruction way to pull a single parameter out of the drive I could not figure out in the manual what was what. Nevertheless I like the generic ether module way much more this way I can grab 10 words of data from the drive if needed and write them as well.