Convert data in Studio5000

JonasVC

Hi all,

I have a question on how to hande data that i read from a sensor (type IFM) trough IO-Link (1734-4IOL)

I get 2 SINT's (SINT[0] and SINT[1]) with 8 bools in it..

I need to convert this to readable data according to the reference i got from IFM as show in the picture

this is something rockwell did not teach me yet :)

Data.JPG

You can create an INT variable and use a COP instruction starting from SINT[0] with the destination being the INT variable. The size of the COPY is the 16 bits from the Destination data type, so it will copy SINT[0] and SINT[1].

After this is done, you can bit shift right twice to get rid of the bits and get the level reading.

Similar Topics

I'm working with a customer to copy one of the machines they designed in-house several years ago. The previous PLC programmer had a thing for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! looking for help converting an 8 bit word SINT tag into decimal. I have an IFM SBN246 flow sensor wired in my controller (L310ER) and it...
Replies
Views
I need a good idea to solve a small task. My customer bought a measuring device where the measurement is collected by a controller from a...
Replies
Views
I am helping a company who would like use their Graphtec GL220 data recorder, to record the voltage the KB DC drives are putting out to the...
Replies
Views
How To Convert S5 Data Block To S7? When I Open The Data Block Of S5 Only..km Or Km Or Kh Or..format Allow Me To See. Regards
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom