Convert p5k file to l5k or acd

Save as what? You can't open the p5k file with any program. What we've done is saved the programs from the processors to a CompactFlash card. We have several different programs, and it would be easier to be able to open the programs with RSLogix 5000 rather than load them back into the processor and check which program is which.

Remember, the *.P5K file is a binary image of the controller's program and tag databases that is stored on a CompactFlash card installed in the controller. There is also a *.bin file with the controller firmware and a *.xml file that describes the saved program to the controller.

These files cannot be opened by anything other than a the same model of ControlLogix or CompactLogix controller that created them.

I understand that future releases of RSLogix 5000 may include an image file decoder, but today there is no PC software method of opening those files.

When I ship out a loaded controller with a CompactFlash card, I also put the card into my PC's card reader and save the *.ACD and any .XC or .DNT files needed for the system onto other directories on the card, for exactly these sorts of reasons.

Last edited:
That was the answer I was afraid of... I was hoping that someone knew a way to convert it, similar to converting the Panelview Plus .mer file to an application that can be modified.