COnvert PLC5 to CLX

angi

Hi guys

I am trying to convert a PLC5 to CLX, after the conversion , I got some error messages which showed in the attachment, I tried to delete the PCE, but it did not work. How to fix this problem?

Thanks

Untitled.jpg

You will have to look in the original program at each of these positions and devise your own conversion. The automeatic program apparently doesn't know how to deal with them. The PCE is merely the conversion program's method off flagging these areas.

In the case of your screenshot, the PCE is flagging the MSG instruction. It's telling you to check the MSG configuration as the addressing changed due to the conversion.

this is my first time to work with the conversion, I had updated the MSG setting manually, What I want to know is whether the PCE will be gone automatically after I clear the fault?

Thanks

Just analog In/Out, we do use 1756-RIO and Block Transfer.
one more question, I just realize that it will not allow me to edit after the conversion, how come?

Thanks

In offline mode, angi, you do not use the "accept/test/edit" features of RSLogix 5000. You simply drag, drop, and click on instructions and use the tag browsers, or type in instructions and tags by hand.

Sometimes you accidentally save a rung that's in the middle of an edit; usually I delete those and re-enter them.

But in your case you can't possibly have downloaded this program, so you're still in an offline mode and you can definitely edit the program.

An important question: are you using a 1756-DHRIO module or a 1756-RIO module ?

The 1756-DHRIO module will require that you translate those Block Transfer module messages.

The 1756-RIO module performs block transfers onboard and requires a different sort of configuration using its utility.

I suggest the 1756-RIO module. With single slot rack addressing.

Then once all your PLC-5 racks are mapped as discretes, you just have to go to the rack with analogs and change the S0 (slot 0) of the proper group to the desired analog and configure the analog (right click -> module properties).

Another important tip: Bits and Racks 8 and 9 do not exisit in PLC-5 (Octal), they do however exist in the Logix world. So all your old I/O points will have to change that are 10 and above (I.E.: I:0/10 = RIO_I000.8)

Last edited:
Ken, I am using DHRIO, the problem is it do not allow me to edit, for example, I want delete one of the PEC or a bit(XIC), it will not happen.

I do not know what "RO" means, How come it is a "read Only" file after I convert the PLC5 to CLX?

Usually the PCE in front of a MSG has to do with the Path to the hardware.
If its a 1771- module, you need to create an item under the DHRIO module setup.

The rungs show an 'e' on the left power rail because they're still in Edit mode due to the presence of the PCE instruction.

I'm not sure how it happened, but somehow your program is "stuck with pending edits".

I recommend going to the Logic -> Online Edits menu and seeing if you can Accept or Cancel pending edits.

If you can post your *.ACD file, other folks might be able to take a look.