Convert PV1400 to PV+1500

jccraig

I have a dead panelView1400 (not 1400e) that is being replaced with a panelView+1500. I need a little help with the conversion. For the 1400 program, PanelBuilder32 was used and I imported this into FactoryTalk View ME and most of it went fairly well. The problem I have is that all of the "bit" tags that were part of an array were not converted and instead set to "memory".

The old program supported something called "Assembly Object" on the panelView end and on the ControlLogix side, it's a "module" in the ethernet tree called "PANELVIEW". I didn't write any of this code but now am stuck with trying to keep a customer happy. ...my question is, is there something similar for the panelView+? I don't find any ethernet modules to add listed as "panelView+" and unless I can find some way to make the new panelView+ recoginize this array that is passed from the ControlLogix, I'll have a few hundred tags to create at the HMI and logic changes on the PLC.

Does anyone know what I'm trying to describe? ...and can offer any suggestions?

Oh, just for reference, I have the panel and PLC connected ethernet and everything that converted on the import works fine.

Thank you.

Thanks for the link... It was some help but really didn't answer my question. I gave up on any simple answer and just fixed all the tags.

You did the right thing.

The PanelView Standard had the excellent feature of actually exchanging an I/O block over EtherNet/IP: that's the Assembly Object in PanelBuilder, and the Generic I/O Module in RSLogix 5000.

The PanelView Plus, lamentably, does not have this feature and probably never will. In fact, you can cause conflicts by leaving that Generic I/O Module connection in the RSLogix 5000 I/O tree; go ahead and remove it (or at least inhibit it).