Convert two 8-bit decimals (combined) to hexadecimal in RSLogix5000

keristos

I really need your help here!

I have a Decimal Number that is being transferred in 1-byte words. The original number is larger than 1 byte though, some being 2 or 3 bytes long.

Now the problem I'm having with this is that to convert to HEX I need to combine the separate words together, which I managed to do successfully. After this a conversion to HEX needs to be done.

I have no idea how to do this in Ladder logic, I've tried the division by 16 and remainders methods in ladder but I can't seem to be able to get it working.

Thank you

You are confusing a method of storage (possibly in multiple bytes) with a method of display (hexadecimal as opposed to octal, binary or decimal).

Can you give an example what the information looks like, possibly in a byte (SINT) array, and what apperance you would like in the end?

Last edited:
As is always the case with me posting questions on forums, I managed to solve the problem and as you said, its a problem of storage. I changed the storage value from decimal to Hex and worked on the values that way.

I was trying to continue after someone else's work and I was led to think in the wrong way :)

Thank you anyway!