Converting RSLogix 500 B3 data file to Booleans in Connected Components Workbench

MattSaturn

Hello All,

I am working on converting a program written in RSLogix 500 to Connected Components Workbench. The MicroLogix to Micro800 converter tool within CCW worked great for the most part.

The issue I am having is with the way the conversion tool handles the B3 bits datafile. RSLogix 500 stores bits/Booleans in sets of 16. So, when converted to CCW they are represented as an array of INTs. This is a problem because CCW does not allow you to enter aliases or comments for individual bits of an INT. Also, CCW does not allow aliasing of array elements. Thus, the Description data (RSLogix equivalent to CCW comment) for each bit is all pancaked into the one comment of the containing INT and the Symbol data (aliases) are lost altogether.

So, in the ladder diagrams all of the aliases and comments for each bit are missing. They are all labeled with their INT array names such as B3[12].9, making the ladder diagrams much more difficult to read.

I am looking for any ideas on how to either force aliases and comments into individual INT bits or find a way to convert the INT bits to Booleans that could hopefully take advantage of the CCW feature that renaming variables updates references to that variable in ladder diagrams.

Thank you all for any and all help!

-Matt

CCW: the FT stands for Fore-Thought.

Yah, CCW is a right dog's breakfast. It is hard to believe something could be more primitive than RSLogix 500, and make RSLogix 500 look slick by comparison, but there it is.

CCW does have the mnemonic version of the ladder code (e.g. XIC bit_name ...), and you might be able to do something with that, but it would be tedious at best.

Good luck, let us know if you find a way to do what you want.

Welcome to the forum.