Copying a Siemens V12 HMI project to another project

jeramiah

Hi all,

I need some assistance. Does anyone know if it is possible to or how to copy a HMI project from one program to another program.

Basically I am building a program and I want to insert the HMI project from one of my other programs into this program to save time making all the screen layouts

I am using Siemens TIA V12 SP1 update 4, Step7 and WinCC Professional

Thank you

Thanks but I have tried that with no luck.
To re iterate, I am trying to copy a HMI project over to a completely different program then the current HMI project is in.
Program #1 has HMI project
Program #2 has no HMI project and I want to copy Program #1's HMI project to Program #2

If I drag and drop from one instance into the other, I get a pop up saying "The specified objects may not be moved to the current destination"
I've tried putting it in the "Add new device" under the main title. Over the HMI config I starter. Over the CPU.
How did you insert it?

If your original project is V11, you will have to save (and/or convert) it as V12 before you can copy. Ran into that once..