RSLogix 500, Micrologix 1400, and STRING COPying

hardaysknight

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm not super familiar with the Micrologix line of processors, but I am pretty familiar with RSLogix 500.

I'm trying to simply copy a string to another string, but I keep getting "Invalid Data Type" errors. Does the Micrologix line not support String copying? Nothing I've seen in manuals suggests that.

Am I just doing something wrong?

STRING COPY.png

The "ST" data type is not a valid data type for compare instructions.

Try moving them to an integer first.

See pdf..

The "ST" data type is not a valid data type for compare instructions.

Try moving them to an integer first.

See pdf..

Huh. I guess I've never ran into that before. Interesting.

It's weird though, it lists the ST10:39.LEN as an integer when it suggests it via the autocomplete. How would I go about copying the LENgth of the String to an Integer?

2024-02-08 12_22_27-PLC VM - VMware Workstation.png