RSLogix 500 MicroLogix Crossing Data File Boundaries

drbitboy

Lifetime Supporting Member
I stumbled onto this behavior the other day, then went looking for old forum posts with the assumption that "there is nothing new under the sun," and sure enough, found this decade+ old thread (feel the Bern! ;)).

Anyway, here is my experiment suggesting at least that Data Files that are both contiguous and sequentially numbered* act as if their data are contiguous bits in memory. Environment: MicroLogix 1100 - Series B; RSLogix Micro Starter Lite.

Now what if the N-file had an odd number of elements i.e. would it pad the N-file so the subsequent Data Files are double-word aligned?

* Data File number increasing by 1
Untitled.png

Similar Topics

I'm not super familiar with the Micrologix line of processors, but I am pretty familiar with RSLogix 500. I'm trying to simply copy a string to...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am using pulse train output to a stepper driver to control a stepper motor. It seems to work fine except when I use a Control Stop...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I've managed to get Python to talk to my Micrologix 1400 using Pycomm. (Using read & write commands). My question is, is it possible to...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, i have a very very stupid stupid question. How do i change the IP address on Micrologix 1400 using Rslogix 500. i know how to do...
Replies
Views
Dear Forum Members, I'm new to the world of plcs and their respective programming. So I apologize for my ignorance, and thank you in advance for...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom