Could someone can explain clear ..please

I don't know the part numbers

Arik
Thanks
i can't confirm that it's Type 2 because i don't know the part numbers lolis but it's on of the type 2 combinations i usually use in my Panels

coordination

Dear Hesham & ArikBy,
Thank you very much for your's kind help.
I think from Hesham explain is correct (where can I find the doccument about this in pdf), This is about the coordination not
only Contactor ,I am sorry for my misunderstanding
Some example: From the catalogue telemacanique
Type 1 coordination: For motor 3 phase 10 hp ,for delta starter
use Contactor model LC1-k0910 (for line),LC1-k0901 (for Delta),LC1-k0901 (for Star), Overload LR2-K0316
Type 2 coordination: For motor 3 phase 10 hp ,for delta starter
use Contactor model LC1-D25.. (for line),LC1-D25.. (for Delta),LC1-D25.. (for Star), Overload LRD-21
Also, from the catalogue said about Total coordination from IEC 947-6-2
Hesham, ArikBy.or anybody...if you know about this standard document ..could you please let me know.
Thank you very much.

:D

Hi

What I understend from what you wrot is that.
10 HP is about 16A
16/1.73=9A
So for Line and Delta it OK, for Star it OK too, because LC1-K09 is the smallest contactor in this line.
LC1K09 mean 9A in AC3 (for inductive load).So it fit for this app.
Type2 better reliability they offering contactor
of 25A in AC3.
My rule of thumb in this case.
1.dont go with LC1K it small contactor(mini)I would not use it for 10HP starter.
2.For line and delta I would use LC1D-11 and for star LC1D-09.
I alway take one class more for the line and the delta.
I would use 25A contactors in two cases.
1.if I have very hard and long start like centrfuge.or many starts in hour.

I hope you feel more confidence now.

This Might Help...

Here's Schneider's explanation of the IEC 947 standard:

• type 1 (previously type "a" in IEC 292-1)
    After disappearance of the shaft circuit, the device cannot be operated again without repair or replacement of parts.

• type 2 (previously type c" in EC 292-1)
    Upon a short-circuit, the equipment must not present danger to personnel or installations. After disappearance of the
    shortcircuit, the device should show neither deterioration nor altered settings. Any welded contacts an a contester
    must be easily separable. No replacement parts are permitted in the course of the test, except for fuses which must
    all be changed
*I think "an a contester" should read "in a contactor"... :unsure:

And also, "shaft circuit" should read "short circuit"... :rolleyes:

The above is from THIS PAGE at the Schneider website.

beerchug

-Eric

Last edited: