Could you explain a JSR Instruction

Coachman

Good Morning ,

Could you explain a little bit the purpose of a JSR instruction and some of the ins and outs of the JSR below.

____________ JSR_________________________

Jump to Subroutine

Routine Name SR_Pos_OK
Input Par WB_18BM7_CH.Actual_Position
Input Par Tabel_POS_WB_CH[PROD_TYPE,PROD COUNTER]
Input Par 40
Return Par SW_1[41].24

What does the Input Par do? and what do you think the
Return Par stands for? The help in RS Logix 5000 does
not explain enough about my application, I would like
to understand why it is used in the real world.
Thanks, You have been very helpful,hopefully soon I will
learn enough to help others.

A subroutine of this type takes information (the 'Input Par's) processes them and returns an answer (the Output Par). It probably can do this with a multitude of different inputs from different areas of the program thus providing one stable methodology for performing the logic.