Cp1l high speed counter issue

Patch102860

I am trying to set up a high speed counter to work on an Omron CP1L plc. I can see that it is counting but the numbers are not repeating from one cycle to the next.

I have an accu coder mounted to the back of a motor sending pulse to I:0.00 of the PLC. I am using the PRV(881) function to move the count to D0. I then compare using function (cmp (020) D0 to D100 to turn on an output at the desired location. then I compare D0 to D101 to turn off the output as it passes by the next location. When the cycle is complete and the machine is back at home position (stopped) I re-set the HSC using bit A531.00 and I see that the Hex number is zero in D0 as well as in the PRV (881) function block

am I doing something wrong or using the wrong functions? why are the counts not repeatable from one cycle to the next?

I Re-set the HSC when the machine Home switch is made and the machine has stopped. I send an end of cycle pulse to output A531.00 I can see zero at this point

should I be using CTBL ? rather than CMP 20 and if so is there anyplace I can find a programming example where CTBL is used to turn on an output

Thanks for asking osmanmom,

Not Solved it's very strange. I am out of the office all week next week so now it has to wait. good thing it's not a machine down kind of thing :(

Hi to everyone. For CP1L OMRON I have need to now the frequency of an input from a sensor. I thought to use Hight speed counter with an task interrupt. But how may fixed the reading time?
The problem is to determine the frequence of an input from the sensor. Have you any tips for may problem?
Thanks for your help ..Francesco

Use the PRV(881) instruction to read the frequency of high speed counter input 0.
P=#0010
C=#0003 or #0013 or #0023 or #0033 dependent on the sampling rate you need.

OR if you need rotational speed you can use PRV2(883) to convert high speed counter 0 frequency to revolutions.

Use the PRV(881) instruction to read the frequency of high speed counter input 0.
P=#0010
C=#0003 or #0013 or #0023 or #0033 dependent on the sampling rate you need.

OR if you need rotational speed you can use PRV2(883) to convert high speed counter 0 frequency to revolutions.
Thank you so much...!!
Francesco

PRV (881) notes

Attached are PLC settings and Ladder sample for your application.
NOTE 1: You MUST cycle PLC power after modifying PLC settings for them to take effect.
NOTE 2: Simulate mode will NOT work for any High Speed Counter or Interrupt Inputs. You MUST have physical PLC.

PRV(881).jpg PLC Settings.jpg